Words are not gone with the wind

By Ana Li Cortés.

Many times, when I hear people saying: “It’s just that I was destined to live this way! It’s only that I am a fool! I’m not good for saving! Sales are not for me!” it makes me sad and I wonder if they really know that words are not gone with the wind. In fact, they don’t go anywhere. They stay put, nest, grow roots in our mind, heart and soul; and by the time we realize they are there, we are already living in the situation that we have been declaring.

There are people who think that’s just the “way” they are and because of that, there is no other choice to change. But let me ask you a question: When you have a garden and weeds grow in it, what do you do? You only say: “Oh well, weeds have grown already, now I have to learn to live with it”, Or you look at it and right away you pull it out from its roots? This same thing happens with our words and other habits; we have to pull them out over and over again. They have been there for so long and they will not go away easily. Nevertheless, you have to keep pulling them out until their root is completely gone and they cannot find place in your mind and heart.

I know many people who tell me: “I want to have my own business, but I am just not smart enough for that.” Or, “I want to learn how to handle my finances, but I don’t like numbers.” And my favorite, “I want to be an investor, but it scares me to put my money at risk.” Every time when I hear people declare things like these, I know right away that I should not start by looking into their business plan. Instead, I have to start by looking at what they keep in their minds and hearts, because if I don’t help them change those first, all the work I can get done will be unfruitful and we will be frustrated.

I am convinced that if the women we work with have the right self-esteem, if they know who they are, where they are they standing, know the importance of the things they talk about, have a correct life map and are teachable, they will reach their financial and business goals easily.

That is why it is so important to be trained so that you know that your words are very sharp swords and you have to learn how to use them, otherwise you will end up hurting yourself.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario